Tree Permit Assistance

G-73 (3).PLT *


Obtaining a permit can be confusing and frustrating.  The best way to learn more about this requirement is to contact your urban forestry department directly.  We are lucky in the valley and through out Oregon to have well qualified professionals in these positions. Over the years Buena Vista Arbor Care has developed a respectful working relationship with each city.


You may need a permit to:

  • Perform a large tree removal
  • Construct new buildings around existing trees
  • Sell Logs (ODOF)
  • Remove trees for a building lot
  • Remove street trees
  • Prune street trees



Helpful Contacts and Links
City of Albany Logo
City of Albany – Rick Barnett, Park Operations Supervisor 


phone: 541-401-2401





City of Corvallis – Jon Pywell, Urban Forester 


phone: 541-754-1723



Salem logo

City of Salem – Jan Staszewski, Urban Forester


phone: 503-361-2215 or 503-588-6336